The meeting on Tuesday 18th November will be held at Katrina's in Chipstead. Her address is: 7 Stagbury House (this is name of road, not a house) Outwood Lane Chipstead CR5 3NF
Ring 07455 181397 if you can't find it.
Here are directions:
Directions from A23 near Motorway Junction 1)The A23 becomes single carriage and you will pass a Starbucks on right. After an Esso station on the right there are traffic lights just BEFORE a BP petrol station on the left.
2) Turn left at these lights up Star Lane.
3) Follow this road up and to the right. It changes name if you stay on the road, becoming Elmore Road. (ie ignore turning off left in front of church green called Star Lane).
4) Follow Elmore Road to a crossroads with Peter Aubertin Hall on your right.
5a) You can go straight across at the crossroads down Castle Road (This is the shortest route from this point, but you cannot return up the same road as it is one way). At the bottom of Castle Road turn right onto Outwood Lane, almost immediately going under a railway bridge. This is half a mile from Stagbury House. There are some small curves in the road - not particularly tight turns, but where you cannot see the road beyond the bend. Stagbury House is on the right, just after one of these bends. On the rhs about three houses before Stagbury House turning is a house called Holly Dene. The last house before Stagbury House has black and white striped posts against its garden wall and is called Stagbury Dene.
5b) Alternatively at the crossroads with Petere Aubertin Hall on right, turn right onto High Road, past pond. Turn left before The White Hart Pub into Hazlewood Lane (two-directional, but narrow in places). At bottom of Hazlewood Lane turn left at mini-roundabout onto Outwood Lane. Stagbury House is the first turning on the left - after about ten houses and before a bend in the road.
There is another route from Redhill which is shorter, but involves a fair bit of narrow lanes. 1) Leave Redhill on A23, which curves right just past petrol station. There are fields on left and traffic lights up ahead. Before the traffic lights is a turning left called Rocky Lane.
2) Turn left onto Rocky Lane and follow this until you reach a T-junction.
3) Turn right and then take first left - Markedge Lane- which goes under motorway and up past Fanny's Farm Shop. This lane ends up at a T junction that could also be mistaken for a crossroads as there is a large private drive opposite to Reeves Rest.
4) Turn right at this T junction. You are now on a wider road and will after a mile or so come into Chipstead. If you see it in time you can either turn down Castle Road on your left, or if you sail past with pond on right, you will soon see the White Hart pub. You can turn left in front of it down Hazelwood Lane. Then you can follow instructions 5a or 5b above.
Note: Stagbury House is a small close of 7 terraced houses - not one big house. There are lots of other similarly named roads around (eg Stagbury Avenue, Stagbury Close, Stagbury Road) and not all maps list Stagbury House. If Stagbury House is not on your GPS or internet map then using the postcode function for CR5 3NF should get you to within a few hundred metres. Number 7 is the first house on the left as you enter. You can park in front of the houses or in front of the blue garage.